Sunday, July 22, 2012

RECAP DAY #2 OF MBFW


Rushing home from work and hurrying to get my MBFW day two outfit ready, I'm off! 


Shirt: Forever21, Shorts: Zara, Heels: Steve Madden (YSL knockoffs, score!)
Earrings: JCrew, assorted bracelets & Michele watch


As I arrived to the rooftop of the Betsy Hotel in the heart of South Beach, I could only think to myself "I love my city!" The weather on Thursday afternoon was definitely cooperating with us MBFW attendees. (let me not talk about the heat though!) The rooftop was set up for us fashion bloggers to enjoy the afternoon with complimentary "Bloggertinis", and a table full of goodies from The Orchid Boutique. This was a relaxing event before the fashion week craze.


Models walked around in swimsuit trends from The Orchid Boutique.


So many great colors, prints and FRINGE!!!

A table full of summer essentials from Schick Quattro.



 NEXT STOP........ THE RALEIGH!

The infamous white tent on 18th and Collins.

I finally beat all the heat and made it inside the Cabana Grande for the Agua Bendita show.

Fun coverups with cutout shoulders were a favorite and a highlight at the Agua Bendita show. I died. 

Slicked back hair was the look for this show, giving the just-got-out-of-the-pool look. 


The models and the designers paraded with smiles of accomplishment on their faces.

Once I stepped outside the tent, I got my hands on a free pair of espadrilles from MIA shoes, SCORE!! Definitely on my top summer essentials, they are so comfortable!

My next show was the Poko Pano swimwear show. Long kaftan coverups was a trend seen in all the shows, I love this.


Another trend for 2013 swimwear: one piece suits! Yes, you read right, with plunging necklines, cutouts, bright prints and daring backs how could you now want to get your hands on one of these?? I dare you....

I fell in love with this mosaic inspired long coverup.


Either A: I'm super short or B: this model is extremely tall!

Later on that night, The W Hotel just a block away from The Raleigh was hosting the opening party for Salon Allure. Yea, you guessed it....off I went (feet hurting and all) to experience this over-the-pool show. The show highlighted upcoming Miami designers and their new collections for 2013. 


Seated at the very end of the W pool, it was hard to really grab a good picture of swimsuits. It was overall a good show, with two djs spinning this summer's greatest hits it kept attendees dancing in their seats. 

By this time, my poor feet could not take it anymore and my once straight hair was looking more like Medusa's snakes. It was a wrap for me as I had a full day ahead of me.

XOXO,
Naty






1 comment:

  1. Love your outfit :) Looks like an amazing fashion show!
    xx

    www.queenoffunkydiy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete