Sunday, July 22, 2012

WHAT DAY IS IT AGAIN??....MBFW DAY 3


The weekend is here, and did I have a full day ahead of me or what?!? My 4th day of Mercedes Benz Fashion Week (well, really 3rd day but 4th day of events) consisted of me juggling events between The Shelbourne, The Raleigh, The W for Salon Allure Trade Show and then back to The Raleigh for some shows. Along for the ride was my super fashionable mom, who was up for the MBFW challenge. Here's a recap of what seemed to be the longest day at Mercedes Benz Fashion Week.

First stop: The Shelbourne for the Lifestyle Retreat Lounge. Start tweeting!

My new pair of Chloe aviators thanks to Ditto! Check it out, its an awesome website to get your designer eyewear. I'm obsessed.

They had so many funky frames to try on.

Yummy alcohol infused cupcakes in cute martini glasses.


Designer of swimwear line Rica showing off my favorite coverup from her collection.


Free mani?!? Yes please! Now, which color do I pick?

Back to The Raleigh I went for a lunch with my oh so fashionable mom. These fashionistas were starving before heading over to The W.

Over at The W, the Salon Allure Tradeshow was something I will never forget. The 4th and 5th floor were full of individual suites with each designer swimwear collection inside for buyers,media, and press to view. I happened to walk into one of the suites and fall in  love with this swimwear line, Zinke. Designed by sisters Jessie Zinkie and Arin Robinson, pastel prints with hints of neon caught my eye. The line is extremely feminine. My two favorite bathingsuits were: a bikini with a bustier top and  a pastel print seemless bottom and a very feminine one piece with a plunging neckline that also criss crossed in the back. What made me die for the one piece?! Its small detail of ruffles. Again, I spy pastels for 2013.



Next swimwear collection that I got to view is Peixoto. I have met and spoken with  Colombian designer Mauricio before and even have gotten a bikini from his recent collection c/o of Mauricio. Each time I wear it, I get complimented left and right. Peixoto's 2013 collection left me amazed. Fun prints and silhouettes made me think of any Miami girl. There is a bathingsuit for any body type.  


But, let's talk about my two MOST  favorite. When I saw these two bathingsuits the night before at the Salon Allure show, I died. First, the bikini which criss cross ties in the back, with this amazing print! (okay, the model also looks amazing!) 



The next bathingsuit that I had to grab a picture of, is this white one-piece bathingsuit! ahhh!!! It's that thinking about it I get so excited because it left me amazed. Any words necessary?!?! The plunging back of this very simple and chic white one piece will leave anyone turning heads. 


What did I tell you?!

Mauricio, Peixoto designer and model wearing my favorite bathingsuit :)

Back at The Raleigh, I made it in time for the Caffee Swim show. Coverups, Coverups and more jaw breaking coverups! 




This one was my favorite look. 


Did you die or what?! Cause I can't wait to get my hands on it.


One of the most anticipated shows of the evening was the Mara Hoffman Swimwear Show. I was extremely excited since I had gotten a small glimpse at the collection earlier on in the day at the Salon Allure Tradeshow. However, with Angela Simmons front row and M.I.A blasting through the speakers this had me jamming out in my seat. Boho chic is the perfect way to explain Mara Hoffman. 
I spy, Ginger Harris of Electric Blogarella.







TA DA!!! That's a wrap for Day 3 of MBFW for me. After this show, I could only think of sitting down somewhere and enjoying the evening with close friends. My feet were on fire, and this Miami humidity was not helping either. 

XOXO,
Naty







1 comment:

  1. Loveee Zinke swimsuits, I've been stalking a peplum number of theirs for some time now :)

    Young, Wilde & Free
    X

    ReplyDelete