A little late night post, why not? I came across this picture via Cupcakes & Cashmere and it screamed Natalia!!! That's the blog that got me into blogging, period.
If you haven't figured it out yet, i love color! So, be daring. We live in Miami. Wear a color you won't normally wear. This city is full of color. I hope this inspires some of you for tomorrows outfit planning :)
I don't know about you, but jean shorts are my go-to clothing item when I'm in doubt of what to wear. They're extremely easy to pull off and go with absolutely anything. Whether you choose a high-waisted pair, normal cut-offs, a ripped style or studded ones, jean shorts should be a staple item for this hot summer season.
The greatest part about jean shorts is that with the right accessories you can dress them up or down to fit your personal style. Here's some outfit inspiration from some of my favorite bloggers:
I think I just died a little after putting this outfit together, I want it! I feel like this outfit screams Miami all over.
1. Number one is the boyfriend jean. Don't want to feel uncomfortable in a pair of tight fitted skinnies? Throw this on. Dress it up or down, it flatters any body type. AG Adriano Goldschmied boyfriend cropped jeans, $215
2. Neon Neon Neon! Yes, we're both obsessed! A statement brightly colored handbag is the way to go! Other than the Cambridge satchel that I do not stop wearing, this has to be my second favorite. None other then the Rebecca Minkoff clutch Handbag, $195
3. Zara never let's a fashion savvy woman down! Now, this shoe could not get any simpler but makes any outfit into instant classy and chic. This shoe in particular comes in a couple color combinations, but black never fails. Throw it on jeans, shorts, a skirt...I'm sure you'll be getting complimented. Zara heel sandal, $50
4. Who's ready for an arm party? The bigger, the more, the better. The other day I got the Henri Bendel Summer catalog in the mail and I think I fell backwards with all gorgeousness. This statement cuff definitely catching my eye. Pyramid stud/ snakeskin cuff, $228 Now, if one wasn't enough add another for a bigger party. Dannijo cuff bangle, $445
5. To top it all off, prints and florals is going to be all over this Summer season. Since we live in Miami, nothing is too crazy. I love it! The bolder the better. Since we all know that H&M is opening in the near future on none other than Lincoln Road, I figured why not. This blouse couldn't scream South Beach any louder, H&M polyester shirt, £15.
Now put it all together, and you have one hell of an outfit perfect for a night out on the town! Wait, I say you wear a hot pink lisptick with that. Okay, now you can go...
Last week, I was able to attend some smaller fashion events here in Miami.
If Andrea and I haven't been clear enough with our new obsession, Misaki, that just opened up in Dadeland Mall, then I'll make it more clear. This store is hidden right next to the Michael Kors store near the food court, and I think that anyone in the mall should swing by. It is truly a hidden gem. Misaki hosted a Mother's Day Shopping & champagne event last Thursday. The second I told my mom, she was definitely interested in going.
As we arrived there were already some ladies chit chatting over which pearl necklace they should buy. There were some yummy bites to grab and plenty of employees there to help you pick out and try on any pieces of your desire.
It was a nice way to spend time with my mom on a weekday evening, when both her and I have real busy schedules.
The other event that I was able to pass by was the Style Rack event going on at Chalk right in the heart of South Beach last Saturday. If you haven't been here, then I think you should make a stop. As my friends and I were fashionably late, I was still able to chit chat with a couple of the fashionistas that stayed to hang out.
Actually, June 23rd there will be another fashion event at Chalk where Andrea and I will be exclusively covering it. So, please keep that date open. More details to come as to what time, etc. I hope to see everyone there!
I really can't get enough of this whole neon fad for spring/summer. It's so bright and fun that it's impossible not to like! I especially love at the moment how neon yellow and black look together. Whether it be on clothing, accessories or shoes, the pop of neon against the black creates a perfect contrast with just the right amount of edge. Here's your Tuesday dose of outfit inspiration featuring this rad color comb:
I bring to you the Zara May lookbook which is styled incredible as always. The lookbook features an array of easygoing and casual spring/summer essentials including ripped boyfriend jeans, pastels, open knit sweaters, dip dyed denim, lace and loose button-ups.
Zara is hands down my favorite store. It's affordable, good quality and right on point with the latest fashion. I'm currently having withdrawals from my local retailer, I can't wait for it to re-open at Dadeland. All these amazing looks are seriously tempting me to make a drive out to Aventura or South Beach to pick up some treats :)